About This Project
Berkeley Springs, WV – 1,900 sf
The interior revitalization of this >100 year-old train depot began with selective demolition of non-historic walls, ceilings, and materials, and involved restoration/renovation of beadboard ceilings, doors, wainscoting and trim, wall and floor tile, and tongue-and-groove floors.
Additional work included widening three doors for ADA compliance, modification of HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems, painting exterior trim and soffit, and reconstructing the ticket window using the original window weights—a challenging and rewarding part of the project.
The interior color scheme replicates the original palette of this Mission Revival style train depot, which was built in 1915 by the B&O Railroad and served as a passenger station until 1935. Current plans are for the depot to serve as trailhead for the North Berkeley Rail Trail.
This project was state and federally funded.