Our female Team Lantz members proudly join other females in the construction industry in celebrating Women in Construction Week, taking place March 1st-7th, 2020. The focus of WIC Week is to highlight women as a visible component of the construction industry and to emphasize their growing role.
The number of women employed in the construction industry saw substantial growth between 1985 to 2007 — growing by 81% during that time span and peaking over one million working in the industry by 2007. However, when the Great Recession hit between 2007 and 2010 the number of women in construction declined sharply. To this day, there are many reasons the number of women in the construction industry is not as high as men, but that doesn’t mean women should feel discouraged from pursuing construction careers — both in the office and in the field. And we should recognize, acknowledge and celebrate those (both men and women) working to make a difference for women in a male-dominated industry.
At Lantz, our female Team Lantz’rs fulfill a variety of positions and contribute significantly towards our goal of being the contractor-of-choice in the market. As of March 5, 2020 female Team Lantz’rs include:
- Angie Caplinger, Finance & Admin Coordinator
- Arianna Williams, Marketing & Communications Director
- Christine Jordan, Accounting Specialist
- Crystal Minnick, Resource Specialist
- Denise Rank, Craftsperson
- Elaine Simpson, Superintendent
- Jennifer Carr, Preconstruction Coordinator
- Jennifer Hinkle, Operations Specialist
- Naleena Bynaker, Senior Estimator
- Susan Grossman, HR Manager
- Susan Pinnell, Marketing & Executive Assistant
- Teresa Doolan, Accounts Payable Clerk